We provide injury management for everyone wanting fast, effective help to return full activities. We spend extra time to ensure complete recovery and prevention of recurrence to keep you at peak performance so you enjoy life to the full- because your body deserves the best of care.
We know you have a choice. Choose us for:
- Perfect central city location.
- Experienced team to treat a full range of injuries and conditions.
- Easy to get appointment times to suit.
- Seen on time, every time.
- Information on your progress from visit to visit.
- All appointments 30 minutes.
Winter is certainly here and for those of you who injure out in the cold remember that hopping into a hot bath once you get home is likely to make matters worse not better, especially if there is acute inflammation- better to stick to the RICE program (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation).
If you are waiting for your injury to go away don’t wait more than 5 days or you may end up with more problems as a result of poor healing or compensation patterns.
Always best to get some advice from one of our team of Physios- even if you only need a couple of sessions, we can tell you how to get the best resolution of the problem.
Ensuring your body gets the best of care- so you can get the best out of life.
Here are some tips to help ensure a successful, speedy resolution.
- Don’t wait too long before seeking help– excess swelling and inappropriate healing (e.g. scar tissue or lack of flexibility in the injured tissue) can lead to secondary problems.
- Make sure you get the treatment you need initially– missing sessions in the initial phase can mean the whole thing just drags on for longer – which is frustrating for everyone!
- Rest from you sport if need be– the injured tissue needs to heal! Your Physio will let you know how you can stay fit doing other activities.
- Do your homework! Your exercises and management of the injury is vital- we only see you a very short time out of the day so what you do the rest of the time is critical!
For all appointments call 04 499 3504.